Australian kitchen renovations generally cost between $15,000 and $100,000. This price range includes the full range of kitchen renovations from facelifts to high-end custom-designed kitchens with all the trimmings. Architects will often allow around 10% of the total home building costs for the kitchen. Some are starting to allow more because the kitchen is perceived as such an important room.
Smith & Smith is committed to producing quality made-to-measure kitchens at friendly prices.
The following articles shed more light on what a variety of budgets will provide in your kitchen renovation.
Finder suggests three pricing levels. The article clearly describes what type of kitchen can be found in each level and wonderful tips for how to get the most out of your budget.
- Budget $10,000 – $25,000 (generally includes face-lifts and basic upgrades)
- Standard $20,000 – $45,000 (complete new kitchen and some upgrades to the kitchen shell – such as a new window or flooring)
- Premium $45,000 – $75,000+ (larger scale and perhaps a new layout with luxury materials)
Domain suggests similar pricing levels and states that “kitchen pricing can vary dramatically” stating that the materials chosen play a big part in the budget, as does location. The more remote the location the more limited the choice – DIY options become more prevalent.
- Budget kitchens start at about $10,000 and go up to $25,000
- Mid-range or standard kitchens range between $20,000 and $45,000
- Luxury kitchens start at $45,000 and can go up to $100,000 or more
If you are after a complete kitchen renovation and you are ready to start thinking about the design, why not have one of our friendly designers show you what’s possible in your home. Start the design conversation today.