********* PLEASE NOTE – We no longer supply Amerind Products, the Amerind maintenance information provided here is for those who have purchased the product and need to maintain it correctly ***********
Amerind is a range of high pressure laminate (HPL) architectural panels that offers the widest range of finishes and colours from Australia and overseas. Amerind COLORBOARD is a practical, durable and versatile Low Pressure Melamine (LPM) with a tough, scratch resistant surface. Amerind BENCHTOPS offer a range of contemporary, durable (HPL) surfaces in solid, timber grain and stone inspired decors. Amerind maintenance is straightforward. To ensure Amerind Laminates maintain their beauty throughout the life of the product, regular care is vital.
Living with Amerind Laminates is easy. Most spills or marks will simply wipe away with a damp cloth or sponge using a mild soap, detergent or a common all-purpose household cleaner.
If items such as beetroot, grape or berry juices, red wine, artifcial dyes, hair colourant or glues have been spilled, you must wipe them off immediately before they damage the surface.
If the stain persists, apply extra strength household cleaner, methylated spirits or a diluted bleach mixture (1 part bleach to 8 parts water), leave for three minutes, wash off, then dry.
If the stain is still evident, try two to three rubs (no more) with a creamy cleaner or white toothpaste, wash then dry. But do it gently because these abrasive cleaners may damage the surface.
Avoiding nicks, scratches and burn marks Amerind Laminates provide a highly durable, attractive hard surface which is highly resilient to scratching during normal use.
Some tips for getting the most out of your laminate surfaces include:
- Do not use abrasive pads, scouring pads or abrasive cleaners on laminates because they can permanently damage the surface and make it susceptible to stains.
- Do not place hot dishes or pans from the oven directly on the laminate surface. Prolonged exposure may cause the laminate to separate from the substrate and may also cause discolouration to the surface.
- Never use knives or sharp objects directly on the laminate surface because they can cause nicks and scratches. Always use a chopping block or board.
- Take care not to drop heavy or sharp objects such as knives, cans, dinnerware or bottles on to the laminate surface. The impact can cause chipping or cracking.
Cleaning metal surfaces
Most spills or marks will simply wipe away with a damp cloth or sponge using a mild soap, detergent or a common all-purpose household cleaner. Do not use harsh chemicals such as acetone, ammonia, abrasive detergents or strong acids which may damage the metal surface.
4 Tips for laminate care :-
- NO abrasive cleaners
- NO sharp objects or scourers
- NO harsh chemicals
- NO hot objects
Download the amerind_care_and_maintenance PDF