This large, yet inviting Cape Cod style kitchen gets it right. It gives that air of relaxed elegance that you would expect from a Hamptons style kitchen. Cleverly chosen styling pieces increase the charm and add to the homely effect. All efforts are made to bring into the kitchen the beautiful view beyond the window. A feature pendant light gives task lighting where it is needed at the sink.
Shaker style cabinets have been on trend for some time. The secret to their success is versatility. They sit just as well in a classic style kitchen as they do in an industrial style kitchen and will never go out of style.
This kitchen makes great use of storage space in an area that is hard to reach. Display items are changed less frequently than most items stored up high in kitchens. If the eye level display space is used for storing frequently used items instead – everyone wins. It pays to get creative with your storage space.
Peninsula benches work very well in kitchens that are not large enough to house an island but still provide the space for a stool to be pulled up for a casual coffee or quick breakfast.
This relaxed country kitchen is pared back and modern. A sense of charm is created by the kitchen itself but also in the styling. An oversized clock adds interest and some of that very on-trend high contrast that is easily switched out when a change is desired.
Creating Casual Country
The casual country style looks effortless and relaxed. Create a little bit of your own casual country style with the following:
- V groove lining boards provide more interest and texture than flat plaster.
- Benchtop storage – use the benchtop to store often used items – and make a feature of them! This kitchen displays homely natural timber utensils by the stove (where they are most needed) that will only look better as they age.
- Carefully selected feature items. This oversized clock is a great point of interest and fits with the casual country theme.
- Feature pendant not only adds style, but also task lighting where it’s needed most.
- Creative display areas – square glass inserts show off the items you love.